Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Just wrapped up a cool project? Have a snippet of good news about your institution to share? Add it in the comments.
Recognition prods people to give—even when it’s not prominent—Donor recognition doesn’t have to be flashy to be effective, research finds.
What to look for in international education in 2017—Security, employability and political changes predicted to shape the education landscape.
Higher ed takes on fake news epidemic—U.S. universities work to tackle misleading news with media literacy courses.
How university costs keep rising despite tuition freezes—Fees stretch some U.S. students’ budgets.
Feeding student success—Research indicates that a third of community college students face housing insecurity and 12 percent face food insecurity.
- Applications are open for the 2017 Circle of Excellence Awards. Submit your best projects, publications and events!
- Recognize a colleague by nominating them for our Distinguished Service Awards. Applications are due Feb. 10.
- Download the Currents app (in iTunes or Google Play) to see the latest digital issue.
- Upcoming conferences:
Trending in CASE Communities
- Stock donations
- Planned giving forms
- Alumni impact on student retention
- “Where are they now” website examples
- President’s communication to donors
- Endowed fund gift agreements
Shared by CASE Members
Courtesy of the University of Toronto: a crash course in Old English.
The University of Birmingham’s This Matters videos highlight research. Here’s one.
This Cleveland State University video will get you pumped about lacrosse.
Finally, here are a few “year in review” videos for 2016:
- Florida International University
- University of Glasgow
- University of Oregon