Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Just wrapped up a cool project? Have a snippet of good news about your institution to share? Add it in the comments.
CEOs: Foundations need to do better—Only one in eight CEOs believe foundations are making a difference in the world, according to a recent study. But they have hope for the future.
For college students with kids, getting cheap child care is a challenge—A quarter of the undergraduate population has children. Many students struggle to find child care options.
Supply of high-school graduates to fall—A sharp decline in U.S. births during the recession will result in a fall-off in students graduating from high schools starting around 2024.
Brexit could see EU student numbers nose dive, Cambridge warns—A drop in applications already happened in 2017; experts predict it may get worse.
U.S. students fall further behind—Can philanthropy help?—One question facing philanthropists is how to support struggling students and strong students alike.
More Australians studying than ever before, figures show—Data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics shows that the number of students enrolled at colleges and universities there has reached its highest level.
- In the latest Advancement Weekly: how different office personalities bring balance; don’t fall for the generational trap; the difference between venting and gossip.
- Today, Dec. 9, is the deadline to enter fundraising results in the IRF Data Book.
- Start prepping now: Nominations for the Circle of Excellence Awards open Jan. 10, 2017.
- Review the CASE Library’s updated resource collection on diverse philanthropic constituencies.
- Pick up holiday gifts for your entire team at our holiday book sale.
Trending in CASE Communities
- Stock donations
- Converting endowed scholarship to annual scholarship fund
- Homecoming events
- How do you unplug?
- Databases: do you love yours?
Shared By CASE Members
“Who would like a warm cookie?” This Saint Louis University video makes us wonder if sweeter words have ever been uttered.
Combat the finals week funk with these helpful hints from Bucknell University.
See the University of Birmingham… by drone. The future is now.
Santa surprised students at the University of South Wales with hats, headbands and unbridled joy.
This University of Groningen video explains how Ben Feringa won a Nobel Prize in chemistry. Snazzy!