Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Just wrapped up a cool project? Have a snippet of good news about your institution to share? Add it in the comments.
What inspires people, corporations to give to higher education?—Philanthropists weigh in on the value they place in programs, vision and mission.
Early reports show big gains on Giving Tuesday—Early online returns indicate the fifth annual Giving Tuesday will easily break last year’s record.
In China, a philanthropy evolution—As China mints more and more billionaires, it is encouraging them to give more freely.
Forging a new pathway—Community college presidents who come from outside academia face challenges but bring new perspectives.
Instant college admissions: An enrollment and engagement boost—Some U.S. institutions experiment with “instant admissions,” in which preselected students can secure financial aid, get accepted, pay deposits and complete paperwork.
- Philanthropy is growing in Australia and New Zealand. Read our report to learn more.
- Pick up stocking stuffers for your team at the giant CASE holiday book sale.
- From Advancement Weekly: ditch the performance review; how to use your leadership voice wisely; how to help employees stay focused during the holidays.
- Congrats to the 2016 State Government Relations Award winners.
- Are you in the IRF Data Book? Friday, Dec. 9, is the deadline to enter fundraising results from 2016.
- From Currents: How well do you know your alumni? New technologies are eliminating the guesswork. Read it on the Currents app, if you haven’t already, from iTunes or Google Play.
Trending in CASE Communities
- Stock donations
- Benchmarking senior class gift participation rate
- Snapchat analytics tool
- Donor photos
- New ways to say thanks
Shared by CASE Members
Holiday cards are starting to pop up! Here’s one from the University of Toronto Mississauga.
The University of Sydney took its golden grads for a (literal) trip down memory lane.
Get a 360 degree peek at a University of Connecticut dorm room.
Here’s a day in the life of a graduating University of Nottingham student.
Happy holidays from the University of South Florida Muma College of Business!