Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Single millennial, gen X women giving as much as silent generation—While overall giving by Americans between the ages of 25 and 47 has dropped, young women still give as much as their counterparts from other generations.
Students: 3 ways we want universities to use our data—New surveys indicate that students are looking for enhanced, personalized learning experiences.
Bringing universities to the students—U.S. community colleges forge partnerships with four-year institutions to ease transitions for transfer students.
On employability rankings—A survey ranks institutions in China, the U.S., England, Germany and Japan as having the “most employable” graduates.
Why college sports programs continue to bring in big bucks—Sports and planned philanthropy are increasingly intertwined.
- Have you downloaded our Currents app yet? Download from iTunes or Google Play.
- Featured Currents article: five ways to nurture new talent.
- Applications are now being accepted for the CASE Internship program. Know a student who might be interested? Pass along this post from our blog: five reasons to intern in advancement.
- Speaking of talent management, sign up to present a session at our Strategic Talent Management conference this spring.
- Our CASE-NAIS Conference for Independent Schools in Austin, Texas, is gearing up! Take a look at the program.
- We couldn’t do what we do without our amazing volunteer leaders. Want to be part of our crew? Join our board or commissions.
- Start thinking about nominations for our Distinguished Service Awards. Nominations open Dec. 12.
Trending in CASE Communities
- Alumni window decals
- Targeted texting campaign
- Personal fundraising requests
- Head of school transitions
- Donor photos
Shared by CASE Members
There’s a wild goose chase afoot with researchers at the University of Exeter.
For Giving Tuesday on Nov. 29, Boston University is creating 29 second videos.
Lawrence University’s giving day featured a 12-hour live show. Here’s a time-lapse.
There are mannequin challenges galore. Here’s a selection:
- Randolph College’s video zigzagged across campus.
- Pikachu made an appearance in this video from the University of California, San Diego.
- Some 21,000 University of Kentucky fans took the challenge.
- Spot the actual mannequin in this Dickinson College video.