Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
- Universities explore global alumni value in advancement—Experts at a CASE Europe conference say universities shouldn’t underestimate the value of international alumni relations.
- Giving veterans the tools they need—U.S. community colleges are taking new approaches to support former members of the military.
- Got an A in algebra? That’s worth $120—Some U.S. institutions are experimenting with a scholarship credit program that pays high school students for good grades.
- Study shows former student athletes winning after college—As alumni, former athletes are likelier than peers to thrive physically and socially.
- Colleges offer microgrants to help low-income students pay bills—Universities across the U.S. offer students microloans to fill payment gaps.
- R16 billion more over medium term for higher education—The South African government will provide higher education an extra R16 billion in support over the next three years.
- Learn more about CASE’s new membership model and strategic planning process, two parallel initiatives aimed at better supporting CASE’s membership. Read the press release on the new membership model. Details on extending CASE benefits to all members are in this video.
- Explore the three essentials of student advancement programs in this book excerpt.
- In the February issue of BriefCASE: strategic ideas for 50th anniversaries; tips to boost retention; ideas to start an alumni relations program.
- Be a better manager… by sleeping? Find out why in Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Also in Advancement Weekly: the personality paradox of leadership and three travel-inspired efficiency tips.
- The CASE Social Media Survey closes today.
- The deadline for CASE’s Educational Fundraising Campaigns Survey has been extended.
- Nominations close for the CASE Europe Awards program in three weeks.
- Student Philanthropy and Engagement Month ends Monday. Follow the hashtag #studentphilanthropy to learn about projects and activities at CASE member institutions.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Temporary naming opportunities
- Giving language on distinguished alumni invitation
- Conference calls for alumni
- Paid social media advertising
- Recognition for outgoing president
- Donor advised funds
What CASE Members are Sharing
University of Chicago just wrapped up its 24Hour Impact Challenge, raising more than a million dollars.
Biola Student Alumni Association shares students’ #biolagaveme stories during its philanthropy awareness week.
Appalachian State University students took the plunge (literally) to raise money for Special Olympics.
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo combined homecoming, parents weekend and alumni weekend. Here’s what happened.