Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
How technology is changing the admissions process—Institutions turn to video interviews to vet international students.
Student success centers gain traction—Grant-funded student success centers support first-generation and underserved community college students.
Summit offers glimpse of universities of the future—An international summit held in United Arab Emirates explored key global education trends.
6 barriers impeding technology adoption in education—Digital literacy, online courses and blended learning are hot topics.
- Retain high-performing employees with these ideas in Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Also in Advancement Weekly: three tips to master mindfulness at work and two steps to be a better active listener.
- The next #casesmc chat is Tuesday, Feb. 23, at 2 p.m. Eastern. Topic: institutional leaders on social media.
- The deadline for CASE’s social media survey has been extended to Friday, Feb. 26. Complete it and be entered to win registration to CASE’s Social Media and Community conference.
Trending in CASE Communities
- Alumni weekend video ideas
- Cost to raise a dollar
- Development officers and social media guidelines
- Endowed chairs
What CASE Members Are Sharing
Holderness School created this video for its Day of Giving this week.
Kent State University celebrated Random Acts of Kindness day.
Craving a cookie? Perhaps skip this video on the Paul Smith’s College baking program.
Follow the red umbrellas to the Seattle University’s homecoming festivities.