Read on for this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
- Creating a cadre of leaders on college and university boards—These 10 steps can improve boards’ governance.
- Universities wooing students with green roofs and entertainment rooms—Canadian universities are revitalizing their campuses to facilitate learning outside the classroom.
- Academic pathways fuel reforms—Community colleges are turning to new pathways initiatives to help students graduate.
- College enrollment continues to slide—The number of American college students has dropped nearly two percent since last May.
- Five ways universities have already changed the 21st century—These key trends in enrollment and teaching quality are shaping global education.
CASE News and Resources
- Discover one community college’s innovative tactic to engage graduation speakers in the latest Community College Advancement News.
- Boost employee engagement and avoid email overload in this week’s Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Review takeaways from the CASE Social Media and Community Conference in this Twitter chat roundup.
- On the blog: learn how to launch a social media awards program, and dig into marketing and branding hot topics with this resource roundup.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Ideas for graduation gifts
- Crediting funds in donors’ wills
- Alumni center must-haves
- Archiving college news online
What CASE Members Are Sharing: Commencement Edition
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign shared graduates’ success stories on Facebook.
Kazoos played a key role in this Smith College ceremony.
These decorated mortarboards at Wheelock College were definitely on point.
Graduating University of Portland seniors each found a personalized card on this surprise celebration wall.
University of Connecticut faculty added a little pop to their pomp and circumstance with these dance moves.