Check out this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
- Why donors give big for campus research: a $50 million case study at USC—There’ve been some really big gifts towards biomedical research lately. This area has long been promising terrain for university fundraisers, but now the gifts are coming faster and the numbers are getting bigger.
- Advocacy group calls for end to ‘streaming’ in Ontario high schools—Students who take applied courses are more likely to come from low-income homes and are less likely to graduate, says a new report from People for Education.
- Female mentors needed to attract women to science—The University of Calgary might have a female engineer by training as its president, but Elena Di Martino says more women role models and mentors are needed to continue the trend of boosting the number of female students entering the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields.
- Faculty salaries are up slightly but still recovering from the recession’s effects—Faculty salaries rose faster than inflation last year but failed to regain all of the ground lost after the most recent recession, according to an annual report on faculty pay released this week by the American Association of University Professors.
- Malaysia releases ambitious blueprint for HE sector growth—Malaysia’s Ministry of Education released a national ‘blueprint’ of higher education last week, which marks a new phase in the country’s efforts to compete on the higher education global scale.
CASE News and Resources
- Twitter Chat: Content planning and social media
- Blog Posts: The Countdown is on! Graduation Video Series Made with User-Generated Content, Interview with Steven den Boer: #casesmc Brighton Co-chair and Interview with Liz Allen: #casesmc Brighton Co-chair
- Press Releases: CASE Announces Newly Created Asia-Pacific Board and CASE Announces 2015 Distinguished Service Award Winners
- A community attitude and awareness survey is one the best ways that communications and marketing professionals at community colleges can measure the effectiveness of their efforts, says a practitioner in the latest issue of Community College Advancement News.
- New White Paper: 2014 CASE Survey of Community College Foundations
Trending on CASE Communities
- Asking for gifts & processing them at events
- THE world university rankings
- Gift agreements by email?
- Alcohol Guidelines / Practices / Policies for Development…
- Alumni Ambassador Role
What CASE Members Are Sharing
Ohio University is celebrating OUrDay, a day to celebrate being an alumnus and part of the Bobcat nation.
University of Rhode Island on why potential students should attend the institution.
Providence Academy held an Allelujah flash mob.
University of Georgia Alumni Association hits the road to bring the Bulldog spirit to alumni, friends and fans around the Southeast.
The College of William & Mary’s giving day, #OneTribeDay, is next Tuesday.