In our #casesmc Twitter chat tomorrow (Oct. 10, 2017) we’re exploring the latest and greatest approaches to cross-platform digital storytelling—from Snapchat and Instagram stories to long-form narratives to video.
Join us at 2 p.m. Eastern on Twitter (hashtag #casesmc) to share ideas and follow along.
To set the stage for the discussion, here’s a roundup of select CASE resources on digital storytelling.
- First, explore winning entries for our Circle of Excellence Awards for web writing:
- “Seeds of Hope,” University of Washington
- “Helping the Body Heal, Feel and Move Again,” University of Washington
- “Bernie Madoff Explains Himself,” Harvard Business School
- “Escaping with Theater,” University of Michigan
- “100 Objects that Shaped Public Health,” Johns Hopkins University
- “The Magic Touch,” University of Florida
- “Steps in Time,” University of Notre Dame
- Take a look at other Circle of Excellence winners for feature writing and multimedia campaigns.
- Finally, here are a few of our top Currents magazine articles on storytelling:
- On collecting and telling alumni stories: “A Narrative View,” Oct. 2016
- On how to leverage Snapchat: “Snap Into Snapchat,” March 2016
- On producing quick, effective videos: “Been There, Done That, Made the Video,” July/Aug. 2014
- On how to cover campaigns with storytelling: “The Editor’s Dilemma: How Should You Cover Campaigns?” April 2014