Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Volunteer time value pegged at $193 billion—The value of a volunteer hour was estimated to be $24.14 in 2016, up 2.5 percent from $23.56 the previous year.
Wanted: personal time—Long hours, travel and being “always on” for donors pile on stress and jeopardize retention, so many charities are making it a priority to put workers’ lives back in balance.
College cyber-attacks: Don’t take the bait—A rise in phishing attacks against higher education networks has forced institutions to launch safety campaigns.
Why some cities and states are footing the bill for community college—Economic shifts push more American political leaders to back free community college.
UK donations steady since Brexit vote—Donations reached £9.7 billion in 2016, up slightly from £9.6 billion in 2015.
- From Advancement Weekly: How to disagree with someone more powerful than you; why early birds get the worm; vulnerability’s role in leadership.
- From BriefCASE: $10-million-plus gifts to higher education rose in 2016.
- Higher education’s brand may be in jeopardy. Read why in BriefCASE.
- 3 tactics to show alumni appreciation on social from Northeastern University’s Jordana Torres.
- Plus: Torres is moderating our next #casesmc Twitter chat on Tuesday, April 25. Join us to talk about stewardship on social.
Trending in CASE Communities
- Microsites for strategic plans
- Policies related to endowed scholarships
- CRM advice
- Tribute video for retiring president
- Naming opportunity for art gallery
- Fliers and posters on campus
Shared by CASE Members
Meet HendREX. He’s just a dinosaur on a mission to fit in at Hendrix College.
Meanwhile, the University of Aberdeen’s Steven SeGull shapes up.
What does pollution sound like? A student at the University of Washington decided to find out.
Lehigh University showcases donor thank yous on Snapchat.