Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Mega gifts to higher ed hit $6.2 billion in 2016—Large gifts across the U.S. reach an all-time high.
Don’t hang up yet—The College of William & Mary still uses phonathons to connect with young donors. Here’s how.
How to make sure your university’s online content is accessible by all—A new paper explores how to make higher education websites more accessible to students and faculty with disabilities.
Successful international strategies link education, industry and government—A British Council report argues that partnerships between government and higher education are key.
Cooling off—As enrollment in culinary community college programs declines, staffs work to boost relevance.
- From Advancement Weekly: why leaders should ask more questions; why the era of the strong-willed manager is over; when less is more for marketers.
- ICYMI: the first steps in any crisis communication plan and how to practice inclusive fundraising, from BriefCASE.
- Big conference updates: Registration is open for our CASE Europe Annual Conference in Birmingham, England. Registration is almost closed for the 10th annual Asia-Pacific Advancement Conference in Singapore.
- Research updates:
Trending in CASE Communities
- Alumni travel
- Campus communications guidelines for leaders
- SEO vs. archives
- Leadership giving society changes
- Graduation flower sales
- Converting annual fund into family of funds
- Alumni relations strategic plan
Shared by CASE Members
Researchers at Sheffield Hallam University are using 3D printing to help babies breathe. Here’s how.
Here’s the College of William & Mary’s Class of 2021 by the numbers.
#HerImperial celebrates women in STEM careers at Imperial College London.
Carthage College’s giving day is coming!
Pingree School students take on “My Shot” from the musical Hamilton.