Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Pokemon Go… to the opera? How nonprofits have made the game their own—Organizations from schools to museums to churches take advantage of the wildly popular mobile game.
Lower EU recruitment could force master’s courses to close—Fewer students may come to the U.K. in the wake of Brexit.
Philanthropy in China still in nascent stage, study finds—A study finds that while Chinese wealth is increasingly apparent, it’s still a relatively new phenomenon.
Explain how the college budget works—Community college leaders grapple with how to clearly explain how they are funded.
Measuring the impact: Rising opioid abuse puts pressure on schools—U.S. universities face tough realities about how to combat drug use and support students.
- In the latest Advancement Weekly: how to truly disconnect on vacation; the right (and wrong) ways to stress out; and questions to ask before voicing a complaint.
- Our #casesmc chat this week explored digital wellness.
- On the CASE blog:
- Our CASE Summit for Leaders in Advancement starts Sunday, June 17! Follow the hashtag #CASESUMMIT for takeaways.
- Also just around the corner? Our intensive Summer Institutes, which offer deep dives into each advancement discipline. Here’s a Q&A with Fritz Schroeder, chair of the Summer Institute for Educational Fundraising, on what makes the institutes unique.
Trending in CASE Communities
- Pokemon Go on campus
- Virtual alumni chapters
- Receipts for tag sale fundraiser
- Young alumni event ideas
- Strategic plan for advancement or alumni relations
Shared by CASE Members
Pokemon Go has taken plenty of institutions by storm, including…
Fresno State University
— Fresno Pacific Univ. (@fpu) July 14, 2016
— Jen Wolfe (@JenMenWolfe) July 14, 2016
Wright State University
— Wright State Univ. (@wrightstate) July 14, 2016
Meanwhile, the University of Wollongong Australia created these “find your why” student spotlights.
The University of Nottingham celebrated its Tri-Campus Games.