Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Giving Tuesday raised $117 million for U.S. charities, early figures show—The online giving initiative generated more donations and national attention than last year.
International collaboration key to China’s higher education, vocational education strategy—The Chinese government’s newly released long-term strategic plan explores new strategies.
Facebook’s new fundraiser pages: A dip into crowdfunding?—The new Facebook feature will offer a donate button, a thank-you process and a fundraising progress bar.
Mobility has shot up but pace could slow, says OECD—A comprehensive report on international students examines the driving factors of student mobility.
Carrying a torch—U.S. federal funding fuels growth in community college partnerships with employers, especially in the welding sector.
- Upcoming Dates:
- Join today’s online roundtable for community college marketing & communications staff at 2-3 p.m. Eastern.
- Participate in CASE’s compensation survey by Dec. 7.
- Join the next #casesmc chat on highlighting career pathways on social media on Dec. 8.
- Review the four habits of highly effective magazines in BriefCASE.
- Independent school professionals share what makes their alumni mentoring programs work, also in BriefCASE.
- Discover amazing alumni spaces in the December issue of CURRENTS.
- Eight reminders about using gestures in presentations, in Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Also in Advancement Weekly: the neuroscience behind awkward conversations and how to define disruptive innovation (login required).
- Call for volunteers: Join CASE’s board or commissions, serve as a host coordinator for the Circle of Excellence awards, or host a CASE Europe graduate trainee.
- Review this roundup of #Giving Tuesday initiatives at member institutions on the CASE blog.
- CASE has celebrated 35 years of teaching excellence with the U.S. Professors of the Year program. This video explores the program’s history.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Giving Tuesday – communications and marketing thread, community colleges thread
- Evaluating a move to a CRM?
- New website launch
- Digital asset management
What CASE Members Are Sharing
Chapel Hill – Chauncy Hall School has a new logo, announced with this video.
Emporia State University is hosting a December Instagram challenge.
This Colby College video on a rare nature book is for the birds.
The Finals Countdown is on at Pasadena City College.