Read on for this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Career and academic benefit significant to MOOC graduates—Nearly three-quarters of participants who have completed a Massive Open Online Course say it had a positive impact on their career.
Colleges launch site to provide younger students with more access to higher education—Come January, U.S. high school students as young as freshmen will have the opportunity to explore colleges on a new resource portal.
Making online education accessible to everyone—U.S. community colleges are working to make online instruction accessible for students with disabilities.
U.K. student visa policy could shut out future leaders, say think tank—The U.K. recruits more overseas students than many countries, but its growth in international students has fallen behind.
New data gives pause on defining today’s typical student—Data from the U.S. National center for Education Statistics shows that 31 percent of all students have two to three nontraditional characteristics, such as being employed full time or having dependents.
CASE News and Resources
- CASE sends heartfelt condolences to Umpqua Community College in the wake of Thursday’s shooting.
- Use these three tricks to make presentations more memorable, from the latest issue of Advancement Weekly [login required].
- Also in Advancement Weekly: why mentoring matters at each career stage, and tips to make meetings smarter.
- Podcast: Learn how to leverage strategic partnerships with student advancement organizations.
- Review CASE’s recently updated resource collection on international fundraising.
- Follow the #casecc hashtag on Twitter for updates from CASE’s 2015 Conference on Community College Advancement in Anaheim, California.
- Greetings from CASE Europe! Here’s what members say they love about CASE.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Email for life programs
- Receipting mutual fund contribution
- Student affairs and alumni relations
- Orphaned social media accounts
- Number of visits per gift officer
What CASE Members Are Sharing
St. Bonaventure University is holding a campus photo contest (hashtag: #BonaBeauty) during its Feast Week celebration of St. Francis of Assisi.
The University of Minnesota welcomed the class of 2019 with this video.
Too cloudy for a glimpse of the supermoon? Just take a look at this timelapse video from Valparaiso University.
The University of Southern Queensland launched a new podcast, “The Study Buddies Show.”