Here’s this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
- Video series showcases Canada’s research stars—A University of Toronto social media campaign highlights innovative research projects.
- Making computer science more inviting—A new prize recognizes colleges that draw more women into information technology.
- New breed of endowment managers beating Ivy Leagues—Smaller schools see strong returns from their endowment investments.
CASE News and Resources
- CASE has launched a VP search for two strategic leaders. Learn more about the positions.
- Hear Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Nick Kristoff talk charitable giving in the latest issue of BriefCASE.
- Also in May BriefCASE: reframe social media ROI with these four tactics, forge alumni ties with a service program and explain the importance of giving to young students.
- Learn more about Sue Cunningham, CASE’s new president, in this second video of a two-part series. Here, she discusses pressing issues in advancement.
- Get to know CASE Europe’s new executive director, John Middleton, who answered these questions about his new role.
- Take a look at the 90 colleges and universities and 16 independent schools who received 2015 Educational Fundraising Awards.
- On the blog: review Storify recaps from the Annual Conference on Marketing and Branding.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Creating a news archive
- Working with gift societies and non-receiptable transactions
- Sharing with Snapchat
- Hosting a senior year kickoff
What CASE Members Are Sharing
Celebrate the 100th birthday of Harvard University’s Widener Library with this video tribute.
To celebrate its 75th anniversary, Central Catholic High School interviewed its oldest living graduate and young current student.
Hats off: Institutions are celebrating commencement with these fun videos:
- Ball State’s Commencement 2015 Highlights.
- Boston University’s Finding a Voice Onstage and Off.
- Gettysburg College’s Commencement 2015.
- New York University’s Faculty Farewell: A Song for the Class of 2015.