Read on for this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
- How social media helps students adapt to college—A new paper explores the role Facebook plays in connecting students to campus life.
- 5 tech trends that will drive IT decision-making for the next 5 years—Data growth is forcing IT departments to reset expectations and adopt new forms of operation.
- International schools: a growing choice—International schooling continues to gain a reputation for preparing international children for English-speaking higher education opportunities.
- Promising full college credit, Arizona State University offers online freshman program—Available worldwide, the program will offer massive open online courses.
- Community colleges stepping up recruiting overseas—Many two-year institutions are looking beyond their surrounding ZIP codes for new students.
- University hospitals now source of worry for schools—Once cash cows, academic medical centers are expected to become less profitable.
CASE News and Resources
- Meet Sue Cunningham, CASE’s new president, in the first of a two-part video series.
- Learn how to write more persuasively and source better job candidates in the April edition of BriefCASE.
- Handle tough workplace discussions and avoid one-on-one meeting killers in this week’s Advancement Weekly.
- Hear Lori Hurvitz of the University of Chicago discuss strategic partnerships between advancement organizations and other campus divisions on the CASE blog.
- Explore why clickbait on Millennials won’t work and how one school leveraged a lucky T-shirt design, also on the CASE blog.
- Listen to Rachel Reuben of Colgate University share tips to tie digital strategy to marketing plans in this week’s Advancement Talk.
Trending on CASE Communities
- E-mail tax receipts
- What do you ask for from your registrar for graduate info?
- International mailing of alumni magazine
- Communicating with donors: by email and with student thank you letters
What CASE Members Are Sharing
It’s a popular month for university giving days. Here are three schools’ approaches:
- University of Chicago’s 24Hour Impact involved over a dozen giving challenges.
- Purdue University’s April 29 Day of Giving kicked off with this creative launch video.
- For St. Lawrence University’s 1856-Minute Challenge, students took over the Twitter account.
Be advised: the University of Waterloo has a goose problem.
Thirty-one teams of costumed Boston College students pedaled to victory in the Mod 500, the Senior Class Gift Committee’s tricycle race.[youtube https://youtu.be/cWavYLcLcDs]
St. Catherine’s School students celebrate their Waverly, Australia school in this “Love School” video.[youtube https://youtu.be/Qfa3nNRq9G8]