Check out this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
- Where the devices are: New study updates global stats on Internet usage—The young, the educated and those who speak a little English are more likely to be regular Internet users. These are some of the findings of the Pew Research Center’s 2014 Global Attitudes study.
- College takes part in first online LGBTQ college fair—Living up to its reputation as a gay-friendly college, Columbia University, along with 50 other U.S. colleges, participated in the first-ever online college fair geared specifically toward LGBTQ students.
- edX MOOC research gives clearer picture, challenges assumptions—MIT and Harvard University have just published a 37-page draft report that summarizes a multitude of findings from two years of hosting 68 courses on the popular MOOC platform.
- How business schools are fighting to stay relevant—Universities across Canada have adopted new approaches to MBA courses to cope with fierce competition in what has become a mature industry.
- First-generation students unite . What is it like to be the first member of your family to go to college? First generation college students learn to deal with the privileges and the challenges.
CASE News and Resources
- Advancement Talk: Colgate University’s Rachel Reuben shares ways to integrate digital strategy into a comprehensive marketing plan. [Login required]
- CASE Blog: Fundraising and Marketing: The Perfect Power Couple and Bringing Together Multicultural Advancement Professionals.
- News Release: Educational Leaders, Practitioners Worldwide Gather for CASE Advancement Event in Singapore
Trending on CASE Communities
- Amazon Smile
- Project Management: Can you suggest a good system?
- Fundraising Metrics for Academic Leaders
- Alumni Ambassador Role
What CASE Members Are Sharing
George Washington University collected tweets from its recent Flag Day campaign in a Storify.
Northampton Community College students talk about why they like living in the institution’s residence halls. The community college is one of few in the United States that offers on-campus housing.
Boston University thanks donors for gifts made on its recent Giving Day.