Check out this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
- Most charities exceeded fundraising goals last year, study finds—Sixty-three percent of charities exceeded their fundraising goals last year, an annual survey has found. The percentage of organizations exceeding their fundraising goals in 2014 was the highest since 2007, when donations surpassed the goals of 65 percent of charities.
- Irish universities rank high in research output—Higher education institutions in Ireland are performing well against their European counterparts in research output and developing links with industry, according to global rankings published today.
- Walls between faculties crumble—Joint degrees and other academic partnerships between business schools and the rest of campus used to be rare, but not now. With employers increasingly keen to hire graduates with technical and managerial skills, on-campus co-operation is on the rise.
- Connecting fundraising to the digital generation—Convincing the digital generation to make donations to nonprofit organizations takes understanding of the millennial generation as well as new fundraising approaches.
CASE News and Resources
- Letter from CASE President Sue Cunningham to members.
- Recaps of the Twitter conversations at the 2015 CASE Editors Forum
- New collection of samples from this year’s student engagement and philanthropy month
- April issue of CURRENTS magazine
- Blog post: Higher education admissions: Facing challenges and demonstrating value
- Blog post: How Institution’s Celebrated April Fool’s Day in 2015
Trending on CASE Communities
- Sesquicentennials (and other anniversaries)
- Sponsorship to clubs/chapters from the alumni association
- Project Management: Can you suggest a good system?
What CASE Members Are Sharing
Boston University released a save the date video for its giving day on April 8.
Brown University faculty and students talk about the importance of diversity.
Rice University students are recruiting volunteers for Owl Days 2015, a series of events for admitted students
University of Maryland kicked off 30 Days of Entrepreneurship (#30DaysUMD) with the introduction of its new mascot, Techtudo.