Here’s a recap of 2015 April Fool’s Day pranks at institutions. There are many more out there the we’ve missed—let us know on @caseadvance or add yours in the comments!
- Berklee College of Music announced the kazoo as a new principal instrument.
- College of William and Mary made three announcements: hall wins award for most romantic campus hot spot, beloved garden is paved for additional parking and a griffin nest was found on the roof of a campus building.
- The Greenhill School launched a peacock education program for the campus peacocks.
- Houghton College announced plans to build a bio-dome over campus.
- Illinois Institute of Technology shared articles in the latest edition of TechNews.
- Luther College announced a new mascot.
- Marywood University website looked at history.
- Miami University flipped its home page upside down.
- MIT expected an early spring snowstorm.
- Moses Brown experienced a zombie invasion.
- Oberlin College will be powered entirely by alternative energy.
- Penn State New Kensington launched the Grate Program, a specialized program to help students enter the workforce. (It focuses heavily on cheese.)
- Portland Community College announced Bigfoot sightings.
- Shiplake College, Oxfordshire is offering a new course in circus skills.
- Simon Fraser University announced the introductions of text-free walking zones.
- St. Joseph’s College mascots announced an art exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City and the discovery of cold fusion.
- Trinity University students can now major or minor in fiesta
- University of California Berkeley’s mascot explored a distant asteroid belt.
- University of Kansas released a new logo.
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette President Dr. E. Joseph Savoie has an important announcement for all students, alumni, faculty, staff and fans regarding the future of the University.
- University of Leicester planned to change its name to King Richard University.
- University of Michigan’s School of Public Health investigated the causes and infection rates of the devastating malady, hipsteria.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln announced new major in feline recruitment studies.
- University of Rochester students are unfazed by “character-building” polar invasion.
- University of Vermont announced that Burlington is the most listed city in the United States.
- Ursinus College will change its name to Bovinus College.
- Western New Mexico University’s website was taken over by Hollywood—the university’s king was overthrown, a Dothraki studies program was implemented and Frozen’s Elsa made an appearance.
I have noticed you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn additional cash every
month because you’ve got hi quality content. If you want to know how
to make extra bucks, search for: Boorfe’s tips best adsense alternative
Pingback: The April Fools Joke That Fooled Them All – MonkeyTopic·
Pingback: The April Fools Story That Fooled Them All – MonkeyTopic·
Portland Community College, how could you? I was really excited to join that new club. I should have known.
Eastern Washington University uses April Fools’ Day to highlight work of students in our 3-D Animation Program: http://sites.ewu.edu/Eastern247/2015/04/01/ewu-students-game-april-fools-day-with-starbucks-prank/
Colorado State University: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155414620705615.1073742043.136298855614&type=1
University of Vermont: http://www.uvm.edu/~uvmpr/?Page=news&&storyID=20506
Greenhill School http://www.greenhill.org/PEP