Check out this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
- 6 of America’s 10 most charitable donors have tech backgrounds—The United States’ biggest philanthropists donated nearly $9.8 billion to nonprofits in 2014, and tech entrepreneurs were among the most charitable, according to a new report.
- International links have vital role in times of global tension—Increased nationalist, religious and ideological conflicts challenge the original ideas of international cooperation and exchange in higher education as promoters of peace and mutual understanding and of global engagement.
- U.S. Millennials come up short in global skills study—America’s wealthiest and best-educated young adults still lag behind their peers in other countries in the literacy, numeracy, and computer-age problem-solving skills needed to compete in the global labor market.
- Proficient bilinguals see higher earnings, research shows—In a globalized, digitized world, new research shows the key to employability and higher earnings hinges on something South Florida residents learned was crucial long ago—being equally fluent in more than one language.
CASE News and Resources
- University of Arizona, Monroe Community College Foundation Leaders Receive Professional Honor
- CASE Fundraising Survey: U.S. Educational Fundraisers Estimate Highest Increase in Giving Since Economic Downturn
- CASE Members Celebrate Valentine’s Day
- Read about how to make your institution easier to find on the web and why directed giving increases fundraising success in this month’s BriefCASE.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Can you send a mass e-mail to all faculty/staff?
- Reduced endowments for faculty/staff
- Best way to “scrub?”
- Charities Gift Fund (CGF) contributions
What CASE Members Are Sharing
Ohio State University announced its Fulbright Scholars with an interactive map collecting the scholars’ stories.
University of Illinois held a #HailtotheOrange t-shirt exchange on Feb. 18, where students swapped shirts from other schools for an Illinois shirt.
Lehigh University asked counselors at six high school across the country to surprise their students with an early acceptance letter.
University of Florida’s Class of 2019 (#UF19) has 126,230,400 seconds over the next four years. The institution’s advice? Make every second count.
University of Vermont’s tribute, starring musician Josh Panda, to life at the school.
Dartmouth College shares the highlights of its 2015 Winter Carnival.