Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Higher education fundraising hits another record—Charitable giving in the U.S. reached $41 billion. Foundation and corporate giving were primary drivers of the increase. CASE President and CEO Sue Cunningham says this continued growth should be encouraging for all advancement professionals.
Colleges with small budgets: No problem—Higher ed leaders curb spending to focus efforts on sophomore programs.
Colleges develop new resources to support veteran success on campus—Faculty training and mental health outreach help military students complete their education.
Trump, Brexit help Canadian universities recruit both profs and students—Changes in the U.S. and U.K. could generate more interest in Canadian institutions, researchers say.
Giving by top 50 U.S. Donors Fell 20 percent in 2016—A lack of large bequests, a volatile stock market and the tumultuous U.S. presidential campaign may be to blame.
Today is the deadline to nominate a colleague for our Distinguished Service Awards.
Also: there’s a month left to apply for our Circle of Excellence Awards.
In the latest issue of Advancement Weekly: bouncing back from embarrassment; how to handle political talk in the workplace; the positive influence of negative feedback.
From Currents: how to improve diversity in nonprofits.
Explore our CASE Library’s latest resource collection on athletics fundraising.
Join us Feb. 14 for our next #casesmc chat! Topic: How to make your students/donors/staff/alumni feel loved on social.
Several early-bird conference deadlines are on the horizon. Don’t miss these opportunities:
- Congreso in Puebla, Mexico, March 1-3
- Strategic Talent Management in Coral Gables, Florida, March 13-15
- Social Media and Community in Los Angeles, March 13-15, and in Brighton, England, March 30-31
- Editors Forum in Chicago, March 29-31
- Nordic Summit, Oslo, Norway, April 5-6
- Fundraising for Athletics, Washington, D.C., April 19-21
- CASE Asia-Pacific Conference, Singapore, April 24-27
Trending in CASE Communities
- Donations through PayPal
- Successful monthly giving programs?
- Event check-in setup
- Annual fund appeal letters
- Alumni association naming suggestions
- Logo use by alumni chapters
- Calendar year giving receipt/statement
Shared by CASE Members
A University of Nottingham student vlogs from atop a Ferris wheel. It’s wheely (ha) cool.
Lafayette College had a pancake throw-down.
It’s a snow day at…
The College of New Jersey
Moses Brown School
Chapel Hill – Chauncy Hall School