Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Data analytics rising in higher education—A look at how institutions are using predictive analysis to increase retention and graduation rates.
Aligning career and ed tech efforts—Technical education advocates in the U.S. are calling on lawmakers to align programs under job training and education laws.
UK university staff strike over 1.1 percent pay offer—A two-day walkout has begun after crisis talks failed to resolve a pay dispute.
5 ways your college website turns away students—A report reveals that prospective students look for simplicity, usability and photography.
- How to ease yourself into a big decision, in Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Also in Advancement Weekly: the limits of doing it all and a 3 step process to make progress on goals.
- New CASE white paper: A Brief Introduction to the Science of Fundraising.
- Missed our Twitter chat on social customer service? Here’s the recap.
- We’re announcing Circle of Excellence winners on Wednesday, June 8!
- Plenty of learning opportunities coming up in June. Learn more about all our conferences here:
- Annual Conference on Marketing & Branding, June 6-8
- Multimedia Workshop, June 15-17
- Special events for Advancement, June 15-17
- Senior Leaders in Donor Relations, June 22
- Donor Relations 101, June 22
- Annual Conference for Donor Relations Professionals, June 22-24
- Inspiring the Largest Gifts of a Lifetime, June 22-24
Trending in CASE Communities
- Endowment spending
- Virtual running events
- Brand management
- Homecoming and inauguration combined
- Alumni e-newsletters
- Collecting stories and story ideas from colleagues
- Scholarships restricted to female students
What CASE Members are Sharing
The catwalk came to life for the University of South Wales’s fashion show.
Jacksonville State University explores the impact of a single day in its Giving Day video.
Engineering students at the University of Maine worked on an off-road wheelchair. Here’s their story.
Speaking of engineering… here’s how Lafayette College students and faculty applied engineering to real-world social improvement.
Community College of Rhode Island graduates reflect on their experiences.