Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Universities get alumni to dig deeper—Donations to British universities rose to a record total of £860 million, according to the latest Ross-CASE Survey.
Germany and Malaysia best internationalization performers, research finds—Research from the British Council indicates which countries have the policies to support international educational access and quality.
Students say digital presence is key to enrollment decisions—Websites and social media majorly impact how a student selects a college or university, according to a new report.
College presidents’ pay spurs debate: What’s enough?—Many public university presidents make around a half million dollars every year. Critics say that’s unreasonable.
Tangled up in blue—U.S. community colleges are taking a hard look at mental health services.
- How successful leaders avoid procrastination—in Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Also in Advancement Weekly: avoid the hazards of online meetings and surprising truths about stress and income.
- May/June CURRENTS explores how to find lost alumni, donation inflation, and things communicators can learn from startups.
- On the CASE blog: how to tell unforgettable data stories.
- From CASE Europe: the road to £1billion.
- The next #casesmc Twitter chat is Tuesday, May 10, on turning social fans into donors.
Trending in CASE Communities
- Donor recognition events
- Publicity for new graduates
- Senior class giving
- Priorities for photo use
- Letters to scholarship recipients
What CASE Members Are Sharing
The force was strong this week for May 4—also known as Star Wars Day.
The University of Florida and the University of Georgia alumni associations engaged in another epic battle of wits and GIFs. Here’s the Storify wrap-up.
Texas State University used the force to prep for exams.
And who’s that frozen in carbonite?
What’s that tune at Oregon State University?
Michigan State University took the opportunity to revisit some intergalactic news.