Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
The value of an hour of volunteering rises to $23.56—In the last year, the estimated value of an hour donated to a nonprofit increased 49 (U.S.) cents.
Fundraising regulation ‘could impact university-alumni relations’—New rules could make it more difficult for universities to develop ties with alumni, says CASE Europe’s executive director.
The Chinese study travel market boom—The study of Chinese as a foreign language has rapidly expanded around the globe.
17 crowdfunding sites bring millions in higher ed donations—These are the platforms institutions are using most.
Breaking free—U.S. initiatives to provide free community college are on the rise—especially under President Obama’s latest policies.
- Record donations to U.K. universities outpace donor numbers, according to the newly released Ross-CASE survey.
- How to give effective feedback—even if it’s critical—and strengthen email communication in the latest issue of Advancement Weekly (login required).
- What’s the rule of 45? Find out in Advancement Weekly.
- View the recap of our #casesmc chat this week on giving days.
- On the CASE blog: 3 steps to launch an alumni mentoring program.
Trending in CASE Communities
- Donor recognition event
- Using infographics in content strategy
- Support for community organizations
- Role of alumni board in institution
- Charging for marketing and design services
- Bulk mail
- Sharing sample fall letters from head of school
What Members Are Sharing
How does Caltech produce so many breakthroughs? This video for the Caltech Campaign explores.
What’s on the ultimate University of Connecticut bucket list? Watch and learn.
This University of Sussex video weaves a story about students’ first year on campus.
A series of videos from the University of Michigan Alumni Association highlights how alumni connect with the association in various cities.
The University of Derby is prepping for a super family fun day.
Purdue University took a fresh approach for its Giving Day thank you video.