Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Many nonprofits in capital campaigns—A recent survey indicates the prominence of capital campaigns for many nonprofits. The average campaign goal is $45 million.
The impact of institutional collaboration on student success—U.S. two-year and four-year institutions both benefit when they can work more collaboratively, according to a higher education leader.
Some investors, universities see a return in fronting students’ tuition—Income-share agreements offer a new spin on college financing in the U.S.
Korea sees a 14 percent rise in foreign students—Many Korean institutions have implemented supports for incoming foreign students.
12 steps to building a culture of philanthropy—A new report defines a culture of philanthropy and offers ideas to bring stakeholders on board.
Young universities can have global impact—A U.K. analysis finds that, globally, newer universities can and are producing strong research and outcomes.
- What’s the best way to talk about failure? Find out in the latest issue of Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Also in Advancement Weekly: where to look when communication breaks down and learning to say no productively.
- On the CASE blog: How the College of William & Mary recently celebrated campus love stories.
- Our next #casesmc Twitter chat is Tuesday, April 12, from 2-3 p.m. Eastern. We’re exploring key takeaways from the CASE Social Media and Community Conference in Chicago.
- From the April issue of CURRENTS: Don’t wait to communicate about sexual assault.
- Plus: ideas to make your campus is welcoming to students with disabilities and measure alumni ambassador success.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Alumni book clubs
- Acknowledgement for donors
- 50+ reunion classes
- Archiving printed materials
- Alumni discounts and benefits
- Metrics for media relations
- Alumni chapters for two-year schools
- Donor-given scholarships and student success
Shared by CASE Members
Franklin & Marshall University’s alumni podcast explores what graduates have been up to. This episode features filmmaker Randy Wilkins.
For a local communities project, the University of Bristol created this animation about history.
Boston University had some fun with this Giving Day thank you video.
Meanwhile, Carthage College is ready to kick off its Giving Day.
Tom Hanks is visiting Wright State University. These students are prepared to catch him if they can.