Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
The six tech advances in higher ed that are preparing students for the future of work—The traditional U.S. college experience has now segued into a world of makerspaces and virtual reality.
New attention, old problem—U.S. community colleges are taking new approaches to remedial classes and student support.
Cheaper, faster, easier: Building a better system for sending student fees overseas—International payment processing models are making transactions simpler.
How a new generation of business leaders view philanthropy—In conversations with entrepreneur philanthropists, several trends emerged—including the importance of social impact.
- Explore how pop culture and current events can help engage alumni in the March issue of CURRENTS.
- Trending this week on Twitter: this CURRENTS article on Snapchat.
- What’s the one habit of a successful team? Find out in the most recent issue of Advancement Weekly (login required)
- Also in Advancement Weekly: three reasons your colleagues hate strategy meetings and five words to avoid for more effective conversations.
- On the blog: Murray State University’s Adrienne King share details on how the school saved its “shoe tree” tradition and Huron’s Jennifer Mack answers questions about the CASE/Huron/mStoner social media survey—results will be shared at the Social Media and Community Conference, March 30-April 1, in Chicago.
- The Circle of Excellence Awards close on Friday, March 18. Need help with your entries?
- Review these frequently asked questions.
- Join one of our Circle of Excellence Twitter chats on Tuesday, March 15, 2-3 p.m. or Thursday, March 17, 2-3 p.m. Eastern. Just tweet your question and include the hashtag #casecoe and CASE staff will respond.
- Join our All Your COE Questions Answered webinar on Wednesday, March 16, 2-3 p.m. Eastern. CASE staff will provide an overview of the Circle of Excellence awards and be on hand to answer questions.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Nametags at regional alumni events
- Letters to scholarship recipients
- Club funding
- Unmanaged Facebook pages
- Photography release and consent
What CASE Members Are Sharing
James Madison University is highlighting its treasure on its March 15 day of giving.
The University of Surrey’s Become Your Hero video series spotlights students’ role models.
Purdue University’s giving day is coming… and it’s going to be bigger and better.
Take a ride on the University of Florida’s tandem bike.