Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Administrators devise 6 ways to boost online course enrollment—A new report from Brigham Young University explores tactics to draw students to online learning.
Outreach to high schools yields results—Some U.S. community colleges are using creative tactics to attract prospective students.
What will shape international education in 2016?—The refugee crisis, elections and new social media platforms will likely influence institutions around the globe.
Indian student numbers continue to fall at U.K. universities—New data indicates a slide in certain populations of international students studying at British universities.
- Read the recap of Tuesday’s #casesmc chat on student philanthropy.
- Review these four tactics to boost workplace culture, in Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Also in Advancement Weekly: the case for hiring an overqualified candidate, supporting employee engagement.
- Nominations for CASE’s Distinguished Service Awards are due Feb. 12.
- Last call for CASE’s fundraising opinion survey for community college presidents and fundraisers—details in Community College Advancement News.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Identity/structure of alumni association
- Managing volunteer expectations
- Sharing your most compelling giving stories
- Intent to repay a scholarship
- Alumni solicitation for annual fund
What CASE Members Are Sharing
The University of South Carolina has a little fun tracking down stray welcome packets in this video.
Time for a special winter PSA from New Brunswick Community College.
This video highlights one Vanderbilt University football player’s long journey to graduation.
Lawrence University is celebrating Founder’s Day with this video.
It’s Ben Franklin’s birthday! Franklin & Marshall College is hosting a b-day challenge in his honor.