Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
As times get tough, colleges turn to nonacademics to lead—Some institutions look to administrators from outside of education to turn struggling campuses around.
How ‘chilly’ universities erode student confidence—Research from Northwestern University indicates that if lower-income students perceive their school as cold or unsupportive, their confidence dips.
A look back at community colleges in 2015—Last year was a landmark one for U.S. community colleges. Here’s a look at 2015’s trends.
How to build a social campus—Here’s how physical campus spaces—from classrooms to stairwells to parks—shape student experiences and connections.
Million-dollar gifts down in higher education—A new report examines major gifts across eight international regions.
- Mark your calendar: On Tuesday, Jan. 12, the 2016 #casesmc Twitter chats kick off with a discussion on #studentphilanthropy.
- Empathy is a soft skill that’s hard work. Read more about it in the most recent issue of Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Also in Advancement Weekly: five career dos and don’ts for 2016 and how to lead in unfamiliar territory.
- In this most-listened-to edition of Advancement Talk, Matthew Eynon of Franklin & Marshall College discusses how to prepare before asking for a gift.
- Explore CASE’s recently updated sample collection on corporate relations programs.
- CASE has almost reached 10,000 Twitter followers! Help us get there by following us—if you don’t already—at @CASEAdvance.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Alumni name change requests
- Social media’s role during campaign launch
- Marketing communications: to outsource or not?
- Managing expectations for PR efforts
What CASE Members Are Sharing
Happy birthday to the University of Glasgow, who’s celebrating with this Storify.
There’s a hashtag battle afoot between Jacksonville State University and North Dakota State University.
Avila University is celebrating its 100th year with weekly throwback photos.
Auburn University’s junior reporter asks basketball players the tough questions.