Read on for this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Technology and the modern fundraiser—Video, virtual reality and data are the new frontiers in creative fundraising.
The allure of the out-of-state student—Their higher tuition helps address budget gaps, but do U.S. out-of-state students hurt the chances of in-state students?
The surprising institutions that refuse to drop the liberal arts—Military academies, chef’s schools and engineering schools are keeping their liberal arts requirements, even as other U.S. institutions trim down humanities offerings.
How China plans to become a global force in higher education—Experts look at China’s drive to attract foreign students and forge international partnerships.
CASE News and Resources
- Catch up on the latest community college news in the latest issue of Community College Advancement News.
- Get rid of these five business mottos in Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Also in Advancement Weekly: why leaders need both networks and communities, and how simplicity is the key to business success.
- Twitter chat recap: Social Media as a Student and Alumni Engagement Tool.
- On the CASE blog: how engaging students in donor thank yous can make a difference, and insights on the first few weeks in the life of a CASE Europe graduate trainee.
Trending on CASE Communities
- 50 year reunions—yay or nay?
- Communications plan for strategic planning
- Bounce rates for reaching alumni
- Engaging graduate students in fundraising
What CASE Members Are Sharing
Where does an annual fund gift go? Hamilton College offers this video answer.
It’s Socktober at Eastern Illinois University.
The Park Tudor School’s annual fund video explores how the school offers unique learning opportunities.
Indiana University has launched its bicentennial campaign with this video.
The State News, Michigan State University’s paper, investigates a trend taking campus by storm: the cupcake challenge.