Read on for this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
More colleges investing with impact—A growing number of universities are investing in companies that match institutions’ environmental and social ideals.
Which universities are the most innovative?—Institutions in the United States and China top the list, based on four innovation indicators.
U.S. institutions urged to focus recruitment on emerging markets—A study by World Education Services cites Brazil, Vietnam, Indonesia and Nigeria as growing higher education markets.
College is worth it if you have these six experiences—Gallup has found that these six elements of support and learning are correlated with long-term life success.
Community colleges tackle college readiness—By forging alliances with local stakeholders, U.S. community colleges can reduce students’ need for remedial math.
What’s next for the quangos of higher education?—Here’s what the future holds for the U.K.’s quangos, or quasi-autonomous non-governmental bodies, that control access and funding.
CASE News and Resources
- Don’t enforce branding—help your colleagues embrace it with these strategies in the latest issue of BriefCASE.
- Also in BriefCASE: make the case for student philanthropy, says a CASE faculty member.
- Repeat these five mantras of alumni event planning, also in BriefCASE.
- Featured podcast: Maura King Scully of MKS Communication explores how to write compelling case statements in the latest Advancement Talk (login required).
- The September issue of CURRENTS is hot off the presses. Download the digital edition or peruse articles on breaking up with a prospect, establishing overseas advancement offices and more.
- On the CASE blog: “#WelcomeUGA: Tech-Savvy Students Return to Campus.”
- Take a peek into the inaugural CASE Conference for Student Advancement and hear attendees discuss why student philanthropy matters in this video.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Alumni board retreats
- Facebook “shadow sites” for colleges
- Budget for rebranding
- Keeping copies of receipts
What CASE Members Are Sharing
This article explores how Boston University engages students on Chinese social media platforms.
Boise State University is stirring Bronco Pride with this aggregated social media feed.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette explored “20 Things You Probably Experienced on Move-In Day” with GIFs.
Greetings from Georgia Regents University! This video postcard offers updates from campus.
Southwestern College calls freshman orientation Builder Camp. Here’s a snapshot.