Read on for this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Meaningful experiences for millennials in college will maintain engagement post graduation—Young alumni expect a personalized, unique experience with their alma mater.
Passing the torch and the vision—Exiting community college presidents prepare transition plans to ensure their institutions’ success.
The year abroad 2.0: how technology is changing foreign study—Technology can combat loneliness of studying abroad.
Facilities key to students’ university choice—Two-thirds of students rank facilities as a crucial component of their decision to attend a university, according to a recent British survey.
The debate over free community college—Are new state initiatives to open community college access accomplishing their goals?
CASE News and Resources
- On the CASE blog: reflections from John Middleton, CASE Europe’s executive director.
- Learn the seven steps of a successful giving solicitation in the July issue of BriefCASE.
- Also in BriefCASE: combat the alumni giving crisis, break the “cash ceiling” and borrow these ideas from the CASE Multimedia Workshop.
- Overcome a bad mood and review the traits of inspiring leaders in Advancement Weekly.
- Starting or retooling a social media ambassador program? Read this Twitter chat recap for models and ideas.
- Featured video: a recent graduate of CASE’s Minority Advancement Institute describes the experience.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Archiving news releases
- National Philanthropy Day
- Funding regional alumni groups
- Employee giving
- Donor participation on scholarship selection committees
- Timing for sending stewardship reports
What CASE Members Are Sharing
Lazy summer days? Not at Saint Louis University. These weekly recap videos chronicled summer camps, classes and events.
International students at Kent State University offer pointers to incoming freshman.
Students from Hong Kong describe life at the University of Melbourne.
As part of its updated branding, Coker College has released this It’s Your Story video.