Read on for this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Charitable giving rises past prerecession mark—Giving to education increased nearly five percent since 2013, according to the Giving USA Foundation. (Listen to CASE President Sue Cunningham’s take on these giving trends in this webinar.)
Associate degree is first step for many—Younger community college students are more likely to earn a bachelor’s degree within six years.
5 ways for every nonprofit to integrate mobile—A recent study revealed that 10 percent of nonprofit donations and 20 percent of event registrations come via mobile devices.
United States second in philanthropic freedom—The Index of Philanthropic Freedom ranks 64 countries on metrics such as tax incentives, ease of receiving donations and more.
The 40-year-old graduates—While the United States struggles to encourage older Americans to enroll in college, Sweden has made adult learning popular.
CASE News and Resources
- Get the dish on CASE’s 2015 Summit for Leaders in Advancement from CASE President Sue Cunningham in this video.
- Listen in as Cunningham and other thought leaders weigh in on giving trends in this Giving USA webinar.
- Congratulations to the recipients of CASE’s 2015 Research Awards in Educational Advancement.
- Develop an advancement internship program with these tips from the June issue of BriefCASE.
- Also in BriefCASE: ask these four questions before launching a new social media platform, plan ahead when staging an international event and get to know a new campus with these steps.
- Avoid these six words to sound more confident—from the latest Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Also in Advancement Weekly: improve your employee onboarding process and give better feedback when you’re crunched for time.
- On the CASE Blog: lessons from #GirlsWithToys, a University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign researcher’s viral hashtag.
Coming up next week: Join the next #casesmc Twitter chat on Tuesday, June 23, from 2-3 p.m. Eastern. We’ll be exploring social media and branding.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Regional events hosted by alumni
- Establishing an alumni awards program
- Student testimonials: yay or nay?
- Branding guidelines for anniversary logos
- Emergency student loan programs
- Annual fund appeal letters
What CASE Members Are Sharing
The University of Georgia’s University Housing department teamed up with campus partners to host a #OneUGA Twitter chat to connect with students and celebrate campus.
Bagpipes and a photo booth were part of the fun at the University of Glasgow’s Open Day celebration, chronicled on Instagram.
See the evolution of dorm life at the University of Wisconsin in this photo collection.
University of Oklahoma fans: beware the raptors.