Here’s this week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Commencement 2015: Community colleges showcase rich diversity—Ceremonies at community colleges around the country highlight graduates’ stories.
Long-distance relationships: Challenges faced by internationalization staff—Staff members at UK institutions with international focus report on their major challenges.
Student loans and defaults: The facts—In the wake of a controversial op-ed about student loan defaults, the New York Times crunches the numbers on education debt.
Study questions influence of financial managers on nonprofits—More financial professionals are taking seats on nonprofit boards. A recent study explores the costs and benefits.
CASE News and Resources
- CASE President Sue Cunningham has been in the news recently:
- In an Inside Higher Ed op-ed, she responds to Harvard’s latest $400 million gift.
- She and education leaders weigh in on international alumni relations in the Times (of London) Higher Education.
- In a Q&A with CDO University, she reflects on her performing arts background and shares her advice for chief development officers.
- Congratulations to CASE Europe’s 2015 awards winners.
- Craft a crisis management plan with tips in the latest Community College Advancement News.
- Also in Community College Advancement News: strategies to develop ties with key influencers on campus.
- Review this week’s #casesmc chat recap on best practices from Circle of Excellence winners for websites, social media and apps.
- On the CASE blog: Tony Dobies makes the case for why not only college presidents, but also other institutional leaders, should tweet.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Email birthday cards for alumni
- Examples of college newsletters
- Structuring oversight for alumni magazines
- Apps for budgeting and planning
- How athletic performance influences giving
What CASE Members Are Sharing
Fans of Wesleyan University can take its “Doors of Wesleyan” Facebook quiz (answers here) for a refresher on campus architecture.
Watch the University of Manchester’s Minute Lectures for bite-size life science lessons, such as this one on climate change.
These donor impact videos and images from Whitworth University offer personal thank yous and stories from students.
This infographic from Radford University offers a snapshot of its next freshman class.