Sarah Waitz is a senior information resource specialist for CASE.
The 45th Annual CASE-NAIS Independent Schools Conference is happening Jan. 25-27, 2015 in New Orleans. An impressive lineup of content and speakers will engage independent school advancement professionals from all over the world.
Given the buzz that will be coming out of New Orleans, we wanted to highlight select CASE content and collections that feature great work at independent schools:
[Note: Some of the content below requires membership/log in to view.]
- Advancement Talk podcast on creating internal buy-in for a marketing plan with Tristan Davies of Commonwealth School.
- CURRENTS articles on creating multimedia at small shops, directed giving and building communities.
- BriefCASE articles on evaluating fundraising success for independent schools and social media best practices for independent schools (both feature content from CASE webinars).
- Student recruitment samples featuring Circle of Excellence Award winning viewbooks, videos and publication packages from independent schools, with more available on a resource page.
- Job description samples including position descriptions for advancement professionals in all disciplines.
- Gift acceptance policy samples complementing a larger collection of gift acceptance resources.
- Branding samples including brand, style and visual identity guidelines from independent schools, with more available on a resource page.
- Annual report samples from the Circle of Excellence Awards, as part of a larger collection of stewardship publications.
- CASE File on largest gifts to independent schools recognizing schools that have received gifts or pledges valued at $10 million or more.
Listed here are just a few examples of what’s available for independent schools on the CASE website. Visit the Independent Primary & Secondary Schools page for more content and sample collections.
To connect with your peers before and after CASE-NAIS, visit the independent and international schools community—an online space for members to connect with one another, ask advice and share on advancement-related topics.
Recent conversation topics include:
- Admission information about philanthropy to new students
- Annual report
- Planned giving tools for websites
Do you have a case statement or annual giving campaign you are really proud of? A style guide or social media policy? We are always growing our sample collections—please send sample material you’d like to share (links or PDFs) to firstname.lastname@example.org.