Sarah Raezler (@sraezler) is a senior information resource specialist for CASE.
Today concludes the AMA Symposium for the Marketing of Higher Education, but that doesn’t mean the conversation has to stop! As people leave Austin, I hope they continue to write and tweet about what they’ve learned and share the great ideas they’re bringing back home.
This morning starts with the panel discussion, “So You Want to be a University CMO…” For more insight on CMO’s, read “Big Marketers on Campus” CURRENTS (May/June 2014) about higher education marketing professionals gaining seats at the president’s table, including many CMO’s who have recently traded companies for campuses.
The #AMAHigherEd tag has been exploding this week (it was trending nationally yesterday!) and fun to follow. To close, I did a quick round up of session presentations and notes I’ve seen so far:
- Jamie Merisotis, president and CEO of the Lumina Foundation, posted the full text of his keynote “Shaping a Changed American Higher Education System: Defining Your Role“
- Jens Larson at U Admissions Marketing blog posted a great roundup of “Some of the best quotes from AMA’s early sessions” (Nov. 11, 2014) by topic
- Thomas Listerman posted his slidedeck for “Digital Content Curation as a Social Media Strategy” which looked at the curation site #USFCA launched by the University of San Francisco in March 2013; also check out his curated content collection on digital curation for more
- Ron Bronson posted the slides for “The Shotgun Marriage: Integrating a Web Team into your Marketing Department” on integrated web teams at Kentucky Community & Technical College System
- Valerie Fox posted the slidedeck for “Our Journey to the Intersection of Content, Brand & Thought Leadership” on how Bentley University embraced inbound marketing with the PreparedU Project
- Will Vautrain posted the slidedeck for “Columbia College Chicago: Reimagining the Higher Education Website,” sharing how Columbia College Chicago reimagined its website with one goal in mind: to help prospective students
- Kyle Gunnels posted his slidedeck for “Early Adoption in Higher Ed: How to be Strategic About Social Media,” using Drake University as a case study on evaluating social media
- Andrew Careaga posted the slidedeck for “Convergence: Marketers as Masters of Mix” on how higher ed marketers can position themselves to help their institutions thrive
- Ologie posted slides for “Brand vs. Campaign or Brand + Campaign?” on the challenges of balancing short-term and long-term goals by defining a brand and campaign platform
- Maegan Steele has been posting wonderful sketchnotes via Twitter at @QuietMarketer
What caught your eye this week? Do you have a story to share about your communications or marketing efforts? A great sample of work that you’ve done? An awesome conference session proposal? If you’ve ever thought about writing for the CASE blog, contributing to CURRENTS or sharing your ideas with CASE we’d love to hear from you! You can reach Theresa Walker, senior editor at CURRENTS, at either email@example.com or @editorwalker.
I’ve you want more on marketing, check out CASE’s Annual Conference on Marketing and Branding April 6-8, 2015 at the Ritz Carlton-Marina Del Ray in Los Angeles!