Crisis Communications: CASE Resource Collection

Sarah Raezler (@sraezler) is a senior information resource specialist for CASE.

“Effective crisis management starts with a plan. While every crisis is different, having a plan that provides a framework for response—and testing and practicing the plan—will allow the institution to focus on the nuances of the crisis at hand rather than routine but important details that can slow response time.”  That’s according to Rae Goldsmith, vice president for advancement resources at CASE.

To help CASE members develop their crisis response frameworks, the CASE InfoCenter developed a resource collection offering:

Our goal with this collection is to help communications professionals be as prepared as possible to deal with any type of future crisis on their campus—and this preparation includes anticipating, preparing and regularly revising written plans.

A recent CASE survey on communications and marketing trends, covered in Communication Revolution (log-in required) in the July/August issue of CURRENTS magazine, revealed that 72 percent of college, university and independent school communications and marketing offices (of the 318 responding) have a crisis communications plan in place. That still leaves 28 percent without a communications plan ready.

Have you looked at your crisis communications plan recently? Do you have any tips for those institutions that are creating plans?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s