Catch up on the latest advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions.
Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Bicultural backgrounds shape presidents’ views—Community college presidents use their backgrounds to connect with students.
Personal touch key to recruiting Indian undergrads—To recruit abroad, institutions develop country-specific strategies.
University gender gap emerging at age 13, Oxford study finds—In the U.K., female students are significantly more likely than their male counterparts to perceive that getting a university degree as important.
15 higher education revelations from NCES—Data from the U.S. National Center for Education Statistics spotlights educational attainment and economic outcomes.
How does philanthropy drive the research agenda in higher ed?—Giving is a major economic driver of programmatic development at colleges and universities. What are the consequences?
- This week, we announced our 2016 Circle of Excellence winners! Congrats to this year’s winning institutions.
- See a showcase of design and publications winners on Pinterest.
- In the latest issue of Advancement Weekly (login required): how to be a confident (not arrogant) leader; grappling with productivity problems; three steps to avoid failure.
- Next week, the Giving USA Foundation will release its annual philanthropy survey results. Join our president, Sue Cunningham, for a June 15 webinar on the results. (CASE members receive 15 percent off all Giving USA products with the code CASE15.)
- Calling all community college advancement professionals! We’re gearing up for the 2016 Conference for Community College Advancement.
Trending in CASE Communities
- Foreign currency question
- Scholarship luncheons
- Alumni relations presence at home sports games
- 50+ year reunions
- Communicating a shift to an online publication
- Marketing plans
- Segmenting reunions by age and class
Featured Circle of Excellence Video Winners
These are the winning entries in the Short Fundraising Videos category.
Northeastern University—The Class of 2025
Colgate University—Colgate Fund Journey Video
University of Melbourne—Educating Tomorrow’s Leaders
California Polytechnic State University—The Cal Poly State of Mind
American University—Once an Eagle