Catch up on the week’s advancement news worldwide, the latest CASE news, trending discussions on CASE communities and content shared by member institutions. Have something to share? Add it in the comments.
Millennials gave more on #GivingTuesday when engaged online and off—A report finds that successful Giving Tuesday strategies included matching funds and targeting donors with social media.
The loneliness of the long distance learner—The demand for distance learning postgraduate courses in the UK have soared.
2015’s most and least charitable states—A study by WalletHub analyzes eight key metrics, including volunteer rate, across the United States.
Lessons learned from a higher education partnership—These are the lessons a nonprofit and university have learned during eight years of collaboration.
- Read the recap from the Dec. 8 #casesmc chat on using social media to highlight career pathways.
- Take these four steps to boost positivity and productivity, in Advancement Weekly (login required).
- Also in Advancement Weekly: three crisis management tips from pilots, why the best candidate might have an imperfect résumé.
- Discover the inside story of how alumnae kept Sweet Briar College’s doors open in the December issue of CURRENTS.
- Review this new resource collection on corporate giving.
- Listen to this new podcast, Engaging LGBT Alumni.
Trending on CASE Communities
- Are matching gifts growing or dwindling?
- Homecoming/parent weekend online registration
- Student engagement plans for 2016
- Examples of project request forms
What CASE Members Are Sharing
It’s holiday video card season! Behold these creations (and share yours in the comments):
Anne Arundel Community College
Berkshire Community College